Wednesday, January 21, 2009

last weekend

This past weekend we went to Alpine for the Open House of Nick and Ellysa. They were married on Dec. 27th in Texas. Nick is Carolyn's Nephew. I was asked to make the cakes. I made 7 of them and froze them and took them to the hotel to frost and decorate. On Saturday morning while I was frosting the cakes, Dad and Carolyn took the girls over to the Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving point. We stayed at the Marriot next door. McKenna and Ellyce were able to make some things with plaster.


Grandpa was there to help. What a great Grandpa he is. I don't know what we would do without him!


This is at the open House. It was held at a Cousin of the Bride's father's home in Alpine. It was a beautiful home.



Here is Nick and Ellysa with the girls. They came to Cedar in the summer with another couple and played with the girls on the back lawn. The Girls had a great time. They even had Nick trying to do a back bend.




Here is a picture of the cakes that were displayed. I made four other cakes that they could cut and serve. the Carrott cakes went first. they were all gone by 6:00. so they cut into these.











Here I am trying to get them finished before the guests arrived.















Nick and Grandpa.




It was sure nice to go but it was even better to get home!









5 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun you guys. The cakes are beautiful and I'll bet they tasted great too. You're looking good, Byron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed. I didn't know that you decorate cakes. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey
    You have more talent in your pinky then my whole BODY!!!! Beautiful cakes, I bet they were yummy, yummy, yummy!!! You are looking so great!!! What a fun time in Alpine! Love ya & miss ya!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are always so generous to do the cakes for others. I can't imagine the work that goes into those! Looks like the girls and Grandpa had a great time together. Something they'll cherish for a long time.

    I know I haven't said this before, but I {as well as my family} really appreciate all that you guys do for Grandpa. I know it must be hard to be on "Keith's" schedule sometimes. :)

    and

    you guys both look awesome.

    I've fallen off the wagon, and NEED to get back on. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Byron, those are great. Megan (my 15 yr old) said that she would be glad for you to do her cakes for her 16th birthday. Want to come to TX to do those?

    ReplyDelete